Sunday 28 October 2007

Day 28: A natural high...

The clocks went back in the UK last night so I went to bed usual time last night as I new the kids would have no regard for this and to be sure they were up at 6am new time but they were good and snoozed for a bit, then I got up around 7.20 and made them breakfast and tucked into a big bowl of cereal myself.

Next an hour or so of pre gym warm-up ironing!!! Then it was time to get down the gym.

RTP Group Shred

Before the routine another round of encouragement for all the RTP group shredders, Day 3 of 14 and everyone is doing an amazing job. Thanks for all the great comments and words of encouragement.

Supersets Supercharged

I really wanted to make up for yesterday so I did my usual 5 minute warm-up on the treadmill and then is was straight into it. There was no rest between groups of exercise and then 1 minute between sets i.e. bench press then seated rows then 1 min rest then again:

10 x barbell bench press
10 x seated rows
1 minute rest then go again 3 more times

10 x standing shoulder press
10 x wide grip pull downs
1 minute rest then go again 3 more times

10 x close grip bench press
10 x upright rows
1 minute rest then go again 3 more times

I then did 2 sets of 10 of ez bar bicep curls and 1 set of 10 dumbbell flys, this was the bit extra, I just couldn't help myself!

Natural High

I get this almost always from intense exercise. I come away from the gym with a great feeling, even though you are warn out form the routine you have this buzzing feeling that invigorates you and you still feel full of energy.

Change to Stats Day

Well due to personal reasons stats day is changing and will now be Monday's. I am gonna be very interested this week as I will have lost 2 days worth of fat burning and one of the days was a rest day. So tune in tomorrow for the new BF stats. It's gonna be an intense cardio and abs session tomorrow with my PT. I am gonna get down there early so that I can do my sprint cardio HIT session. I'm going to wear a HR monitor tomorrow as both I am my PT are curious as to how high my pulse gets to by the end of that 21st minute. I'll let you know tomorrow!

Until tomorrow....

16 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Andrew,

Keep up the great work. Too funny your comment about pre-gym ironing warmup!!! LOL.

Debbie

Otter Christy said...

Howdy Andrew! I was just commenting on Massimiliano's blog that I can hear his Italian accent in his blog, and then I came here and I realize you type with an English accent. It's true. In my mind your blog is being read by Charles Laughton. I can almost hear him say "tucked into a big bowl of cereal myself." I love it!

Anyway, I am very excited to comment on your blog that your abs look really great on the Day 3 photos. Aren't you excited about that? You're doing really great.

Keep shredding hard. Oh, and good cliff-hanger at the end of this blog. I am now very curious about those stats as well. :)

Andrew said...

Hi Debbie,

It's true though, 2 kids worth of ironing and my wifes and I usually have worked up a sweat ;-))

Thanks for the continued support.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

I know what you mean. It's funny how peoples cultures so often come through in their written expressions or certain phrases that are individual to certain nationalities.

Thanks for the lovely comment. I must admit I can't see any change fora few weeks now let alone in the last few days but they are there just need to get rid of a bit more fat!! Having said that I think it is very hard to see changes in your own body, your just too close to yourself!

Yep, you and me both, but tomorrow evening I will pulish the Week 6 of 10 stats, 6% BF to lose in 10 weeks, I knew it would be tough and it is certainly going to be tough!!

Take care,

Andrew

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
It´s a little late and bet you are already tucked into bed, and what with this time change we´ll have a difficult, sleepy day tomorrow. Wanted to ask you opinion on doing the WO you are doing at home? Could it be done? Sometimes in MS I have to really search to find something that makes the same kind of stress. I do have lots of stuff here at home, but it´s not easy.....You are really doing well...Laughed so much at your ironing...just love the English humor.
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

Thanks so much for your comments.

Which workout do you want to do at home, if it is the one I did today then yeah no problem, you would need to tweak slightly as I did use machines for the seated row and wide grip lat pulldowns. But the other all you need is a bench, barbbell although you could use dumbbells too and I would recommend someone to help unless you have a great free weights rack.

Check out the resources section in my blog there is a great site for all the exercises and how to perform them.

As for the cardio you can do this on any equipment, my preference is the treadmill as I enjoy running! Also makes you keep the speed as if you don't you get spat off the back... not happened to me yet thank goodness.

Let me know if you meant something else in particular though.

Take care,

Andrew

Unknown said...

Andrew:
Have you noticed the changes from day 1 to 3? amazing...whatever you're doing is working so stick with it.
Diane

Sammy said...

Hey buddy, hope you'll get a good stats day today which I think you will, judging by the consistency of your workouts.

And you are right! Nutrition is the hardest thing to nail. Especially being fat before, I think we will always have a battle with food. Btw, you're diet looks like you eat so little. Don't you get hungry and how do you deal with it?!

Joni said...

Just stopping by to say hi and keep working hard! I love having all these other people to check up on and see how their journeys are going! We're all in this together! See you later and good luck!
-JP

Anonymous said...

Hey, Andrew, can't wait to see the stats! you have been working hard and i am sure it will pay off. i, too love that after workout feeling, especially after the workout you didn't want to do to begin with and then you end up glad you did!

Andrew said...

Hi Diane,

It's funny I can't see any difference but then others can, and I can see differences in loads of others in the shred. I think it is really hard to notice a difference about yourself, so I will rely on you all to tell me if I am making progress!!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Sammy,

Yeah me too, but then the day has moved from a Wednesday to a Monday so this week I have lost 2 days!!

When I last recorded my nutrition I was experimenting with a carb tapering 3:1 refeed plan!!! So for 3 days I would eat low carbds and these would taper off during the day and then the 4th day I could eat whatever I wanted, so I would tkae my full quota of calories.

I think this is great for a shred but not a long term plan I have upped the carbs and protein now for the last couple of weeks and the fat as well actually, but only a little.

Yeah sometimes you get hungry but not too bad, I eat at 7.30 am, 10.30 - 11am, 13.00 - 13.30, 16.30 and 19.30 so I am eating quite regularly which keeps the hunger at bay and I am now taking in protein at each meal which really helps. Plus lots of water, about 3 litres of pure water a day, plus other drinks so I probably have a fluid intake of around 4 - 5 litres per day and that really helps with hunger.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hi Joni / Suzette,

Thanks for stopping by and offering your support.

Stat's day will be interesting Suzette.

Take care,

Andrew

Adam Waters said...

There is nothing like a natural high is there mate, you can't beat it (especially every day when you wake up!).

Adam

Andrew said...

Hey Adam,

It is a really great feeling!

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

It's not nighttime in England yet? This is like the fourth time I've checked your blog. I've foregone my usual epic blog entries in favor of blog commenting and reading. Your audience (well one person of it anyhow) is waiting, and she has no idea when it's curtain time. I'll be back to find out the conclusion of last blog's cliffhanger. ;)