Tuesday 23 October 2007

Day 23: 10 reps(+) x 4 sets

Yep you guessed it another weights session, I am still aching from Sunday's!!! It's all good though. I must admit I have let things slip for a few days now, mainly in the evenings getting a sweet tooth, but I think occasionally you need to let your hair down a little, I was still eating clean all day, just that dessert in the evening for 3 days on the trot, but hey that is the first time in 14 weeks that I have eaten like that, and I do not feel like I went completely overboard either like I have done in the past.

Anyway today was back to eating clean for 100% of the day, still tweaking that nutrition trying to find a good or better balance, I think that's all you can do in an effort to keep a varied and interesting diet that keeps your metabolism fired up.

Today's Routine

My usual 5 minute warm-up on the treadmill followed by:

12 x Upper back machine
12 x leg extension
15 x lower back
10 x barbell squat
20 x half superman (you lift opposite arm and leg and then down and then the other)

This was repeated 4 times in all, the last rep of the superman was swapped for a Fit ball hyperextension x 20. That really got my lower back.

Nutrition

Then it was straight home for a big tuna salad, about 150g of tuna, a couple of big tomatoes and a third of a cucumber all mixed together with some sweet chili sauce to taste, and a couple of slices of multiseeded bread to get some carbs in. Late afternoon I finished off the tuna about another 100 g or so with an apple. So this is around about 70g of protein.

Breakfast was Kelloggs Sustain, it's a relatively new cereal with added protein, so that started the day with around 15 - 20g of protein.

Supper later will be A chicken breast with brown rice, I will stir fry the rice in some peanut oil and eggs and add a few veg so that should be around about another 40 g of protein maybe more. I am starting to think about meals much more closely now and am cooking a lot more from scratch

Remember to drink loads of water, I have had nearly 2 litres today and this is pure water, and I will have another litre more yet.

Tomorrow is stats day, I am aiming for no change BF wise I have eased off this week in anticipation of my new routine which should be starting later this week. I have kind of started it already with less cardio more weights but the weights will be even more structured!!

Something New for all to try!!!!!!

Oh and I have a completely new exercise for tomorrow...something different that everyone can try if they like, tune in tomorrow and see and if you feel like giving it a go i would be interested in your results

No comments: