Friday 19 October 2007

Day 20: Some interesting advice!

So overnight I had a great email from someone who offered me some advice on training. The long and the short was that I was not doing enough weights and I was doing way too much cardio. So we have been bouncing a few emails back and forth and so I thought as my fat loss has been slowing with my current techniques that I would give the advice a try. I still need to get the full workout pinned down but here was today's workout. I will add that this is not a radical change from what I have been doing just further tailoring:

Today's Workout

Started with a 10 minute ab workout comprising fit ball crunches, fit ball obliques again both of these using the 5kg medicine ball for an added complexity, not sure what you call the next one but you lye flat with the fit ball between your ankles and your arms stretched out behind your head and then raise your arms and legs up lifting the ball with your legs and then take the ball with your hands and then lower them but never quite touch the floor, do that 20 times and if your abs aren't screaming then your a whole lot better than me, then I finished with a forward plank and sides planks.

Next it was the trusty old HIT Incline run

1 min 1% incline
1 min 3% incline
1 min 6% incline
1 min 9% incline with the last minute at 10%

There was no 21st minute today as next comes something different, for me at least. Weights after a HIT session. As this HIT incline run really nails your quads I did not want to go for the extra minute as I had squats and leg extensions to do today.

Weight Session

10 x Upright barbell row not sure of the weight, I think around 25 -30kg
10 x Leg extension 30kg
10 x Triceps Standing Overhead Barbell Triceps Extension 20kg
10 x Barbell Squat 70kg

Repeated this 4 times but the final 2 times the upright barbell row was swapped for 10 x Shoulder press at 40kg

Now I do not normally don't work my legs much with weights due to the running and I was still aching from the shoulders and back yesterday so by the time that was over I had worked up a nice even all over body ache!!! But it felt good...

Rest day tomorrow and the BIG match later on, good luck to SA and of course England.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: