Saturday 27 October 2007

Day 27: A very painful rest day....

That was tough....tougher than any day in the gym. Day 2 of the RTP group shred and it is my rest day. I was pretty sure I should honour my rest day and everyone has agreed with that.

I knuckled down and ate as clean as I possibly could, I have stayed active all day, hoovered the whole house, been swimming with the kids, shopping in the village, up and down the stairs!!!

But tomorrow I will get my chance when I have the start of my new routine, I think this week I may taylor the cardio days slightly just to give it some more punch, but I am going to be pushing it to the max for the next 6 days until that next rest day. Look in over the week because I am going to take the cardio to a whole new level....

To the other 16 group shredders (Bec, Massimiliano, Josh, Joni, Flashback!, Suzette, Christy, Dougal, Diane, Debbie, Miriam, Michael, Sammy, Katie, Lynda, Alex), way to go for day 2, and here is looking to day 3.

Until tomorrow....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew:
You've got the right attitude about enjoying your rest day, then mentally gearing up to intensify your workout and eating for the next 6 days. The rest/cheat meal is something I really look forward to after maxing out for 6 straight days. Keep moving!
Diane

Otter Christy said...

So glad to hear you took a rest day. Although vacuuming, swimming, and going up and down stairs does not sound very relaxing. I guess when workout plans say rest day, they don't mean the bunny slippers and tv remote. :) Be glad your rest day falls on Day 2, because your next one will fall on Day 9, the furthest away possible from DAY 14 final pics. Some people will REALLY be having a hard time "resting" with final pic day looming in the horizon. ;-)

See you tomorrow.

Andrew said...

Hey Diane,

I usually enjoy a little cheat but I have refrained today, I have a night out in the week which will be my cheat for the next 2 weeks as it is my wifes work party!! I will keep my intake in check though and keep moderation so as not too spoil things.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

It was relaxing, still energetic but relaxing. Having kids can be a struggle at times but they are able to unconsiously make you forget about all your worries and stresses, even your shred when you are playing with them and looking after them!!

I had never thought of it that way, although for anyone who has a rest day on day 14 are they going to be strict enough to take it or move it to day 15?!?!?

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Hey, you're approving these comments and I was still commenting on your last blog. I wonder if you'll get this one.

I'll keep peeking through your older blogs and randomly commenting on them in these comments just to make myself different from the pack. :)

Andrew said...

Peek away Christy, you are always welcome....

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew, today wa also my rest day but..I had to go for a 20 Min. cardio `cose I had an headache and that`s the only way to recover for me, to sweat it out :)