Wednesday 3 October 2007

Day 4: End of Week 2 Stats

Wow, what a powerful motivational effect today's stats have produced. As a reminder below are the stats so far since the start of my new 10 week session:

81kgs & 17.9% BF (19-Sep-2007)
80kgs & 17.2% BF (26-Sep-2007)

and this weeks blew me away...

80kgs & 16.0% BF (03-Oct-2007)

That means I have not only not lost any lean mass I have actually put on some muscle and have dropped 1.2% BF in a week. Whilst I was shocked and initially thought that this is too much, the fact that I have not lost any weight is extremely pleasing.

Oh, and I did take 3 separate readings, two of which were 16% and the third was even lower, so I went with the higher of the values.

So I am now well on track for reaching my goal. If I can lose BF over the next week (i.e. for 3 consecutive weeks) this will be the first time that I have been able to lose consistently over this period.

After this it was then time for my personal training session. I keep to having these session as I find that they really help to keep you motivated, enable you to try new exercises which you can then incorporate into your schedule which in turn adds more variety for you and stops you from getting bored and just as importantly stops your body from reaching a plateau. It is also fun to workout with someone else for an hour rather than just battling with the machine!!!

Today's routine was a 10 minute warm-up on the bike, 30 minutes of killer abs and lower back, all types of exercises using the fit ball, medicine ball and just your body weight, I know I am gonna hurt tomorrow! Next came around 15 minutes of weights, 2 sets of 20 each dumbbell flys, chest press and lying dumbbell tricep extensions, the twist for these is that they were all performed on the fit ball. This great for working all the core muscles at the same time. You need to go slightly lower on the weights as you also have to keep a close eye on your balance. The closer your feet are together the harder it is to balance and the harder your core muscles need to work. Makes a real change from using the normal weights bench.

Then it was a warm down for 10 minutes on the elliptical cross trainer, 5 minutes to end the session and 5 minutes more to make up for the time I skipped yesterday as time ran out. This was performed in the usual fashion 1 minute on tip toes to work the calf muscles and then 1 minute normally...

Heavy weights tomorrow, shoulders, upper and lower back with thighs and calf's between sets.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: